Thursday, April 28, 2005

little houses


houses quilt top
Originally uploaded by Hells Bells.

I spent a cosy evening in my kitchen studio last night finishing the top of the houses (miniature)quilt. It now has a colourful stripy border which makes it slightly bigger. It’s now about 60cm x 70 cm. I used the paper piecing method that Amy showed on her Quilt Monday this week. This was the first time I had used it and could probably refine the method a bit eg ripping off the backing before sewing the blocks together perhaps. I’m not sure if I will be in a huge hurry to do this style again as its quite fiddly – although I have to admit the results are good and can be used for some interesting patterns.

Now I need to get hold of some batting and choose a backing (am thinking the sky blue fabric) and then do the quilting. If anyone has any suggestions for quilting design please let me know – I’m a total novice in this area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hells, this is fantastic, you can add one of these to my order!! Your talents are wasted on office work! you should open a shop called 'bits' or something and sell your little creations like bollywood elephants, quilts, dinosaurs etc. all unique one offs.... You've inspired me to get onto creating something myself!
Little stewie

Helen said...

Aw thank you! I wish! Maybe one day....