Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Presents and Quilts

My first back-tacker buddy has her fabric winging its way to her in Japan as we speak. Hope she likes it. There is a little parcel headed to Brissie for a special May birthday too. You know who you are.

Last night I made good progress on the May Flowers quilt – all the squares are now sewn – just need to be pieced together. Big simple patches are very quick to do - definitely the way forward! Its going to be baby sized – but not new-born sized like the Little Houses Quilt. I will be very happy when my patchwork gear (cutting board, rotary cutter and rulers) arrive with Mum& Dad in a couple of weeks. I think it will dramatically improve speed and accuracy of these projects – the old ruler and scissors is a bit dodge – but I like to think it gives it the “home made” look.

Of course that’s not the only reason I’ll be glad to see Mum and Dad – can’t wait for them to visit. We have a summer full of activities planned.

No comments: