Monday, September 05, 2005

Pinwheels


Pinwheels
Originally uploaded by Hells Bells.


Loobylu's month of softies theme for September - "Personal Challenge" is encouraging me to return to a project I started 2 years ago and haven't touched for almost that long. Initial progress was at a cracking pace but came to an abrupt halt when I moved to Frankfurt. But now I have the makings, a sewing machine, a little bit of time and no excuses. I think piecing together the bulk of a queen sized quilt top in a month may be a little more than a challenge but I'm going to give it a try to see how far I can get with it. A deadline may do wonders for my inertia on this.

Its a pattern from my teacher in Brisbane called tessalated pinwheels - a background of greys with highlights of pinks, plums, yellow and green (quite a bold colour combo choice for me). I think the overall effect will be quite starry.

Related to that is the challenge to NOT buy a fortune's worth of Kaffe Fasset fabric (this month at least) after buying two of his books recently. I'm so inspired by the colours and simple patterns and I have ideas for about 5 quilts bubbling away.

No comments: