Secret Pal 5 that is!! Over 600 participants from all over the world in another swap thingie for knitters. I couln't resist - presents in the mail - who wouldn't want that?!! Hence the recent knitting revival in part.
I think I will be very easy to have as a partner - I have absolutely nothing in the way of a yarn stash and two sets of needles 3mm and 3 1/4mm !! So lots and lots of scope there. On the other hand there isn't much knitting info for my partner to pick up on from my blog so here is the questionnaire to give whoever my secret pal out there is a few more clues...
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I wouldn't say a snob but probably am - I definitely prefer natural - wool and cotton.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No - although I did once crotchet some sqares for a blanket.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
About a week! Okay a little exaggerated but not much. I once made a scarf many years ago and have just had the urge to take it up again. I am yet to decrease or increase. I think I started a jumper once but handed it over to Mum when it got to the shaping part. Am hoping to have more perseverance now.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not at the moment
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavendar, lemongrass, bergamot, mint
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
oooh yes. anything chocolate doesn't have a chance around me especially cadbury's and reese peanut butter cups. Oh and of course Tim Tams.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
At the moment am into quilting. I used to do alot of sewing, making dolls and toys - all sorts of stuff but have only got back into it recently.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all sorts and I don't always know how to categorise the music I like so here are a few examples...Black Eyed Peas, Kylie, Nina Simone, Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, am currently loving Gwen Stafini's new album, Counting Crows, Coldplay, Cowboy Junkies, Buddah Bar,
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Any colors you just can't stand?Blue is my old fave but currently am into pink (regressing to six years old) and red. I like soft and bright colours. Not so much into the yellows and oranges or purple either mostly.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Living with my boyfriend when we manage to find ourselves in the same country, currently in a flat in London so not good for pets but would looove a dog one day (either Border Collie or a Lab or a 'Morran'). Maybe even a cat. And a horse. And chooks. Okay now thats going a bit far.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Goodness too many to say. Just to enjoy life really.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Don't really have a fave as yet.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
synthetic I don't really like
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Just to finish my first and current project
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Yep that's it at the moment. But I'd like to work up to socks.
17. What are you knitting right now?
a baby cardigan- following a Debbie Bliss pattern
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Cute on little girls.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Only straight so far. Am a circular virgin.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I think plastic - as per above haven't branched out much.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Maybe one day - would like to give it a go.
22. How did you learn to knit?
Mum taught me and have been looking at new book to refresh
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A jumper (sweater) - well it did get finished eventually... by Mum.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Not so into the animation but like Japanese stuff
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Adventure - safari in africa, temples in cambodia. And beaches. And mountains. Or for holiday seasons (probably what this question meant?) - Christmas for getting together with family and hot sun and seafood (in Aus obviously not London!)
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Used to be a huge collector of pretty much anything but since travelling have learnt to not get started. But still accumulate books, magazines and craft stuff despite best intentions.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None - have just subscribed to Quilts Japan
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I read all the time and I read pretty much anything so am always looking for something good.