Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Boy Twin done




I finished this quilt - Safari Animals (aka Boy Twin quilt) on the weekend. I’m really happy with how its turned out although I would do bigger patches to give the animals more space next time. It’s a petite 35” x 39” (89 x 99 cm) and the backing is a pale blue Kaffe Fasset fabric – very soft.

I recently discovered “Kaffe Corner” in Liberty and decided to pop in there on the way home on Friday (before going out raging of course) to pick up the backing. Who should I run into but Pauline who was stocking up on Kidsilk for a Very Cute Project. One thing led to another and we ended up at the Champagne and Oyster bar at Selfridges. Pauline has the evidence here (beating my post by daaaays).

The Christmas lights are on and the department store windows in competition for attention. I think Selfridges is trying to be avant guard but I’m not sure. Its not quite the same as the Meyers animated fairly tales of my childhood.

No comments: