Sunday, July 22, 2007

Cycling Weekends

A few pics from a couple of kinda recent cycling trip. Smithy cycled and I was support knitting crew.


In June we went to Italy near Milan/Lake Como to meet up with Smithy's hard core cycling friends (we're talking 200km a day for a week...in mountains). It was fun observing the action though. The gang had assembled from Canada, Singapore, London and Dubai for the event. The scenery around Lake Como was beautiful. I always love being in the mountains. It was a lot more populated than I expected though.

This church is at the top of a steep climb and is dedicated to cyclists. It is kind of a cycling museum as there are bikes from famous cyclists over the years hung all over the walls. Bikes haven't changed very much in 100 years.


We had lunch in Bellagio on the lake. I had the best icecream I've ever tasted. It was the flavour of Baccio chocolates. Ahhh.

No comments: