Tuesday, January 11, 2005

London and Cold

But not as cold as I thought it would be.

Thought I had better write as my adoring readers (ie Mum) has pointed out I have been slacking lately. Am just back from all too short holiday in Brissie and its already paling into the distance. I expected to have plenty of time for witty updates while at home but catching up with friends, eating juicy juicy mangos, hanging out at the resort and three hour naps took over somehow. It was fantastic seeing everyone. Not as much partying as there used to be....and arriving at Chrissie parties to find several children running around was a bit disconcerting. But very fun and I have to say I'm in awe of my friends who are juggling family, pets, work, building houses and goodness knows what other projects with such panache. Abosute stars.

I have to admit I was dragging my feet a bit getting on the plane back to the depths of winter. I arrived in London and noted that grey is the new green and drizzle the new sunshine. But I'm getting used to the gloom and the tube again surprisingly quickly. London is a lot more sparkly since last time I lived here with alot of renovations and revival of pubs and city areas making a big difference. And I'm staying with the lovely K & C in Putney which has been really great - a bit of a reprieve from house hunting while I get oriented again.

No comments: